Friday, 11 March 2011
My Name Is Gilman Grundy
Hi there. For a long time I've been blogging using a handle (FOARP), but because someone's gone and revealed my identity, from now on, whilst I'm going to keep using the handle because I guess it's what people are most familiar with, you'll also be able to know exactly who I am.
A few things about me that some may find interesting:
- Whilst I think "fluent" is one of the most abused languages in the English language, my Chinese is at what they call "business-level", which means I can take part in meetings, give presentations, translate documents etc. in Chinese without embarassing myself too much.
- I work in IP, a career that has taken me from China to London to Japan to Poland, and which I greatly enjoy.
- I'm a big fan of Liverpool F.C.
- I once came second in a television song competition watched by millions, despite my blatant attempts at vote-rigging.
- I'm very interested in the connection between IP and competition law, something that no person who I have ever met was actually interested in.
You can read an interview with me here.
[Picture: Me giving a talk on the European Commission's decision in the Microsoft case at the EIPIN conference in Gerzensee, Switzerland, 2008]
Posted by Gilman Grundy at 06:09